Happy May! Spring cleaning is about to be in full force in my house. It’s time to start my supply list and make sure I have everything needed for a good deep clean. I go all in, so I can’t leave anything off my list. What about you?
Cleaning supplies can get costly, especially if you just throw stuff in your buggy or like trying new products. There’s a specific cleaner for just about every type of surface and I’d rather not come home with all of them. That’s why a list comes in handy, it can help keep you on track and save time. I also like to get everything in one trip and spend the least amount of money possible. Publix makes it easy to do all 3! Using the app is 1 of the 5 ways to save on your Publix shopping trip that I mentioned in this previous blogpost. Let me give you more detail on how the app can help you simplify your savings and your trip overall.
Ad & Plan
Open up the Publix app and click on the ‘Savings”‘ tab. You will see your weekly ad, coupons and BOGOs. Use this information to try planning out your shopping trip. Prepping to buy exactly what you need will help cut down on overspending and save you time in store. Coupons can be used on top of sale items. There are always various ongoing sales so check back often. For example, Procter & Gamble products may have a different sale time frame than the BOGOs.
Create A List
Making a list will help you remember all your items, of course, but it can also help save you money. If you focus on your list, you will lessen your temptations.
Click on the ‘List’ icon and begin searching for all your household needs. There will be a clickable icon to the right of the product that allows you to add to your shopping list. Once you have everything added, cancel out of your search and it will take you back to your list. You will notice details about each product. It will show the sales price or dollar amount off and the good through dates. It also displays the exact isle to find the product. So convenient, right? This can help save a lot of time because you will not be blindly roaming around the store for your products. You can also add items to your list from the weekly ad and add notes on your list. After you’re done shopping, you can check the box to the left of the product and it will quickly be crossed off and moved to the bottom of your list.
FYI: You will need an account to use the app. It’s a free and quick sign up! Make sure to select your local Publix to ensure the prices/savings are accurate.
If your item appears under the ‘Savings’ header while completing a product search, it’s on sale and/or there is a coupon. For digital coupons, you will see a scissors icon. Same thing, click on the icon and it will be moved to your list. You may also notice some that have a printer icon. You can click on those to print out extra savings on your product(s). If you purchase 2 products for a BOGO deal, you can only use 1 digital coupon on both items. However, you can use a printed coupon in addition. (Remember from my previous Publix post: Even if you buy 1 BOGO item, you get it for half off. So, you don’t have to purchase both items to get the BOGO price!) Hand over your printed coupons at checkout and key in your phone number on the payment screen to use your digital ones.
What’s On Sale?
Plenty! I am highlighting the P&G savings you can find this week:
(digital Publix coupon only for bold items)
- Gain Detergent 75 or 100-oz bot., Tide Pods or Gain Flings, 26 to 35-ct. pkg., Gain Fabric Softener, 129 oz bot., Downy Fabric Conditioner, 129-oz bot., or Gain or Bounce Sheets, 240-ct. box…..$1.50 Off + Additional $1 off with Publix digital coupon = $2.50 Off
- Charmin Super Mega Rolls, 6-roll pkg., Mega Rolls, 9-roll pkg., or Double Rolls, 18-roll pkg…..$5.00 Off
- Swiffer Sweeper Cloths Refills 10 to 16-ct. pkg. or Dusters: 3 or 5-ct. box…..$1.00 Off
- Dawn Dishwashing Liquid 16.2 or 19.4-oz bot.; or Mr. Clean Multi-Surface Cleaner, 45-oz bot. or Magic Eraser Cleaning Pads or Sponges, 2 to 9-ct. box…..$2 Off on 2
- Burt’s Bees Toothpaste 4.7-oz box or Crest Toothpaste: 3D White, Gum Detoxify, or Gum & Enamel Repair, 4.1-oz or 2-pk. 4.8-oz pkg. or Crest 3D White Rinse, 946-mL or 1-L bot…..$1.00 Off+ Additional $1 off with Publix digital coupon = $2 Off
- Pantene, Head & Shoulders Or Hair Food Shampoo, Conditioner, 2n1 or Stylers 3.2 to 32.1-oz pkg…..$2.00 Off On 2
- Olay Body Wash 10.3 to 30-oz. bot, or Bar Soap 6-ct.; or Old Spice Hydrowash or Fresher Body Wash 16-oz bot…..$1.00 Off
- Tampax Pearl or Radiant Tampons 28 to 36-ct. box or Always Pads: Infinity or Radiant, 18 to 36-ct. or Ultra Thin or Maxi, 27 to 46-ct. pkg…..$1.00 Off + Additional $1 off with Publix digital coupon = $2 Off
- Pampers or Luvs Diapers 52 to 112-ct. box…..$7.00 Off On 2
The dollar off amounts will automatically be deducted at checkout. If you clip the coupons, they will be applied after you put your phone number in on the keypad. Simple Savings! These sale prices start today and run until Tuesday (5/1-5/7). Some locations may be from 5/2-5/8, check your local ad in the Publix app. Also, be sure to check Procter & Gamble’s site for additional, printable and digital coupons.
Be sure to check out the ‘Shop Online’ tab in the app too! You can easily have someone else do your shopping for you, choose to have your groceries delivered or pick them up curbside. You will need to download the (FREE) Publix Delivery app for these services.
Ad Photos by Procter & Gamble
Content is sponsored by Procter & Gamble. All thoughts/opinions are my own. Thank you for reading and supporting CentsibleBlonde.com!