The BIG annual Nordstrom sale has arrived in-stores and online, and I want to help you get prepared! This is the BEST sale of only 6 that occur annually. This is not your average after-season clearance event. Not only do they markdown Summer merchandise, but the bulk of the sale is also new Fall (and Winter) arrivals. This is a great time to get trendy pieces ahead of the season and stock up on staples/basics like boots and cardigans that you can wear for the next few years. There will be significant markdowns across all departments, from accessories like sunglasses to home decor and bedding. As always, you can expect free shipping and free returns. If you’re a Nordy Newbie, check out this post from last year for a little more info.
Items sell out FAST, so you better act even FASTER. This year, you can preview all sale items and prices, so you know what to expect. Items are marked daily, so check back often. You can also go ahead and add items to your Wish List for an easier and faster online shopping experience. This helps give you more time to think about your purchase(s) before impulsively buying.👌
- Look for the highlighted “Early Access Preview” items
- You cannot add sale items to your cart until your access begins
- If you see the yellow banner and the price is not marked down, a special offer like a free gift is applied to your cart.
When does the #NSale begin?
Public access to the sale starts on Wednesday, August 19th. Early access is only available for Nordstrom credit cardholders. The higher your level, the earlier you can shop.
- Icon – Tuesday, August 4th.
- Ambassador – Friday, August 7th
- Influencer – Monday, August 10th and
- Insider – Thursday, August 13th.
Check your status here. Prices go back to original amounts on Monday, August 31st, for everyone.
- $20 Off $150 purchase for first-time app users. The download cannot be before June 10, 2020. (If you already have the app, delete it and redownload. The $20 applies automatically in your cart for orders $150+)
- Open a credit card account by the 18th and use it on the day you’re approved and receive a $60 Bonus Note to use later.
Credit Card Info
I love all the perks of being a Nordstrom cardmember, and I highly recommend getting the CC if you plan on shopping the sale and future sales. I also suggest paying it off right away. I will not and do not encourage you to go into debt to shop. If you are unfamiliar with how a line of credit works, please do not apply for a credit card.
Even though you have to be a cardholder to access the sale early, you should not have to pay with your Nordstrom credit card. Make sure you have an approved/valid CC account, and the card is linked to your online account. You can add another payment method and switch to it before checkout.
I hope this information helps you out. Please let me know if you have any questions about anything! I would love to help and hear about your affordable finds.
All thoughts/opinions are my own. This post is not sponsored. Thank you for reading and supporting CentsibleBlonde.com! XOXO, BRITTNEY