This has been the season of the midi SKIRT, and I’m here for it! There is just something about the modest length midi that makes any outfit look so chic. You won’t catch me talking about skirts often, so take note that they will be good!
Truth be told: skirts are hit or miss for me. Maybe it’s my short height or my not-so skinny legs that shy me away from them. While I adore them as much as the next fashion lover, it’s not an item you’ll see me wearing often. As well, I will not buy a skirt to wear only once. I will wear it in multiple ways and help give you outfit ideas.
Here are some favorites from a few popular retailers.
What shoes to wear with a midi skirt?
- Pumps. Pointed-toe styles help elongate the legs.
- Sneakers. A classic and clean sneaker will help dress your look down.
- Heeled ankle booties or tall boots.
- Heeled sandals, wedges or mules.
Some tips when styling your midi skirt:
- Wearing a bodysuit will eliminate lines and bulkiness.
- Buckle a belt around the top of the skirt to draw the waistline in and add extra detail.
- Wear the skirt at or above the waistline.
- Style with a crop top.
- Front tuck sweaters/baggier tops. Or, take the bottom of your top and tuck it under the middle of your bra (between your boobs). Only tuck the front, middle portion of your top.
Photos by Celeste McKinley Photography
***Disclosure: All thoughts/opinions are my own. Affiliate links are used in this post. If you purchase through these links/photos, I may receive a small commission. By doing so, you make CentsibleBlonde.com possible! THANK YOU for coming by! XOXO, BRITTNEY