Accessorizing can change your look for the better. It’s the best way to add a little something extra. Here are 5 style tips on why you would want to accessorize your look:
- Dress up an outfit. Spice up a casual look or completely elevate an outfit by adding detailed accessories. It’s all about the enhanced details. Ex: Casual to dressy-Wear a pair of bold earrings & add a belt around a kimono, Dressy to glam-Add a glitzy clutch and shiny drop earrings to a solid dress.
- Look put together. Rather than looking like you just threw on clothes, adding accessories will help you appear more polished…like you put some thought into your look. Ex: Tie a neckchief scarf around your neck and slip on a few bracelets.
- Make a color statement. Add in a completely new color not found in your outfit to make it more vibrant. Ex: Wear a matching scarf and handbag.
- Add dimension and texture. Think of accessories like layering pieces. When the weather does not allow you to layer on clothing, you can layer accessories. Add them when you have solid colors, no patterns or simple materials like 100% cotton. Ex: Layer on a few single stranded necklaces and add a hat.
- Make a color or pattern stand out. This one is MY FAVORITE and I do it often. Take the smallest pattern, smallest amount of color or the lightest color and bring it out with your accessories. Ex: In the pic above, I only wore black accessories to compliment the black stripes in the tee.
What’s your favorite way to accessorize a look? Any style tips you want to leave in the comments?
Thank you for sharing a part of your Monday with me, so happy you stopped by! I hope you enjoyed these tips! All outfit details are linked in the pic, just click on it!
Want new blog post notifications sent straight to your inbox? Scroll down, enter your email and click ‘Keep me Centsible!’
📸 Photo by Katie-Bee Photography
***Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this post. I may receive a small commission when you make a purchase through the links/photos. By doing so, you make CentsibleBlonde.com possible! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
This post is not sponsored. All thoughts/opinions are my own.